9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Why We Get Fat: And What to Do About It
By Gary Taubes
- Obesity is a hormone problem—not a calorie problem.
- Exercising more and eating less are both ineffective and counterintuitive strategies for losing weight.
- The eat-less/move-more approach to weight loss is not only dead wrong, but dangerous.
- Diets work only when carbohydrate-rich foods are cut out or significantly reduced.
- The chief objections to the carb-restricted diet are unconvincing.