Key Insights From:
Ball of Collusion: The Plot to Rig an Election and Destroy a Presidency
- A cadre of progressive elites rigged the 2016 US presidential election because they didn’t trust the citizenry to elect the right candidate.
- The Obama administration, the FBI, and the Justice Department gave Hillary Clinton every break they could when the email story broke.
- Russia was not considered a serious existential threat until the Democrats needed an excuse for why Clinton lost the election.
- The sudden outcry over Russia obscured the fact that political leaders attempt to influence elections all the time—including Clinton and Obama.
- The Trump-Russia circus could not have gotten as far as it did without a great deal of cooperation among political higher-ups across departments.