Key Insights From:
By Carl Sagan
Audio Available | 9 Minute Read
Published: Dec 13, 2013
- Eratosthenes made an accurate estimate of the world’s size using only sticks and shadows—and the world has never been the same.
- Astronomy is a far better tool than astrology for making sense of our connection to the Cosmos.
- Kepler and Newton showed us better than anyone that Nature can be understood through simple, elegant mathematical equations.
- Stars are inaccessible to us at this point in our scientific understanding.
- If we ever do make contact with extraterrestrial life, the way we treat terrestrial life does not bode well for those encounters.