Key Insights From:
Happiness is a Choice You Make: Lessons from a Year Among the Oldest Old
By John Leland
- The elderly are not problems to be fixed but sources of tremendous wisdom.
- Even with declining health and a shrinking pool of options, the elderly are some of the happiest people on earth.
- Gratitude contributes heavily to physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being.
- As life’s pace slows down, the elderly find greater joy in simple pleasures.
- There are more sexually active seniors than people think.
- Overthinking gets us nowhere, and blocks our enjoyment of purposeful existence.
- There is joy to be found in the chaos of adventure and uncertainty, as well as in the simplicity of another uneventful day.