9 Minute Read
Key Insights From:
Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
By John Gray
- Men value success while women value connection.
- When men are stressed, they withdraw to their caves whereas women want to get more involved.
- Men are motivated by being needed.
- Women are motivated by the prospect of being cared for.
- Men interpret language literally and women interpret language by finding “hidden meaning.”
- A man’s intimacy cycle consists of getting close, retreating, then getting close again.
- A woman’s ability to give and receive love is directly related to how she feels about herself.
- Ninety percent of emotional reactions in relationships are caused not by our partner, but by our past hurts.