9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Ninety Percent of Everything: Inside Shipping, the Invisible Industry that Puts Clothes on Your Back, Gas in Your Car, and Food on Your Plate
By Rose George
- The shipping industry touches just about every facet of our daily lives.
- Globalization would not have been possible without advances in the shipping industry.
- The Danish company Maersk exemplifies the strange paradox of a large-scale industry existing in relative obscurity.
- Life on board a cargo ship can be a grind.
- The ability to fly flags of convenience has been a boon for nation-states and shipping companies, but has created challenges for workers.
- The little press the shipping industry gets is usually negative.