12 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Outliers: The Story of Success
- We need to rethink how we understand the path to greatness.
- Arbitrary cut-off dates for sports and schools put some children at a disadvantage.
- No one became an expert without working at their skill for at least 10,000 hours.
- Genius is not everything—emotional and practical intelligence are also critical to success.
- Cultures that reinforce the value of hard work produce better students.
- Sometimes cultural legacies have to be set aside for a higher good.