Key Insights From:
Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
- The modern sedentary lifestyle is damaging our bodies and brains.
- Giving high school students time to work out before tough classes revolutionized their health and test scores.
- The stress response of fight-or-flight primes us for action, so why not harness that energy buildup for exercise?
- Exercise levels some of the highs and lows of PMS, pregnancy, and menopause.
- Prescribing exercise for depression is a matter of life and death.
- Even if you are not running everyday, something is better than nothing.