9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance
- The physiology and psychology behind endurance are intimately intertwined in ways scientists continue to discover.
- The body-as-machine view is inadequate, given how few bodies actually “break down.”
- The brain plays a significant role in dictating endurance’s limits.
- Your brain will alert you to crisis conditions well before there’s any real emergency.
- Improving endurance comes down to adjusting the “effort dial” in your brain.
- We should stop hating on placebos if they lead to psychological and physiological benefit and improved performance.
- The strong legacy of world-class Kenyan athletes shows us the power of belief.