Key Insights From:
The Abolition of Man
By C.S. Lewis
- Children’s textbooks impact a society more deeply than we realize.
- Modern education differs from education in all previous eras before it because it divorces emotion and Reason.
- Without belief in universal values, there is no way to satisfactorily ground ethics and action.
- Creating new values outside the Tao is like trying to invent a new primary color—it can’t be done.
- Man thinks he’s increasingly dominating Nature when, in fact, Man is increasingly dominating mankind.