10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order
- The sad truth of geopolitics is that you can’t have true friends without true enemies.
- Competing views of international relations all suffer from significant defects.
- The civilization view of geopolitical relations has many of the strengths of competing theories, without their weaknesses.
- The West must hold its values as unique rather than universal if it hopes to minimize clashes with other civilizations.
- Each civilization has a core country that orients other countries in its cultural sphere of influence.
- China’s skyrocketing economy and confidence will disrupt global status quos.
- Islam and the West have a long, bloody history—and the resurgence of religious identity makes it likely this will continue.