Key Insights From:
The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
By Daniel Coyle
- The best ways to confront a bad apple in the group are simpler and less combative than we think.
- Chemistry is not possible without safety, and safety is cultivated less through words and intelligence and more through disposition/body language.
- Feedback that pairs “I expect a lot” and “I’m with you” is by far the most effective.
- A group of pilots’ decision to be vulnerable about their ignorance made the difference between life and death for nearly 200 people.
- The gentle, attuned listener can stimulate creativity in others better than pressure and fiats.