10 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Criticism demoralizes people and causes them to resent you, rather than respect you.
- People always respond positively to encouragement and genuine expressions of appreciation.
- If you want to be liked and respected, be a good listener and show genuine interest in others.
- Telling people how wrong they are will turn them against you, so lay down your arms and avoid being argumentative.
- Asking questions is the best way to establish common ground with others.
- Since results matter more than recognition, be willing to let others take the credit.
- When it comes to winning hearts and minds, nothing is more effective than empathy.
- People are motivated by self-interest, so appeal to that when you’re trying to be persuasive.
- You’ll cultivate feelings of loyalty and gratitude if you let others save face when they mess up.
- People will perform better if you verbally acknowledge their potential to be better.