Key Insights From:
Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
By Chris Voss, Tahl Raz
- Strategies targeting head and heart have both been used in negotiations, but the heart strategies have saved more lives.
- “No” is not the end, but the beginning of the conversation.
- Instead of feeling someone’s pain, label it.
- The person in control of a conversation is not the talker but the listener.
- Everyone’s got a limbic system, from difficult family members to bank robbers and terrorists.