11 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
The Future of Humanity: Terraforming Mars, Interstellar Travel, Immortality, and Our Destiny Beyond Earth
By Michio Kaku
- The human species was almost completely eliminated 75,000 years ago.
- Preparing for another mass extinction will require developing technologies to make life on Mars and the moon viable.
- We’ve entered a golden age for space travel, with billionaires leading the effort instead of governments.
- Harvesting minerals on asteroids is an opportunity that Silicon Valley entrepreneurs are taking seriously.
- Terraforming Mars will require artificially raising the atmospheric temperature by melting the planet’s ice caps.
- No longer confined to fairytales, immortality is the goal of eager scientists and entrepreneurs.