Key Insights From:
By Brene Brown
- To live is to be vulnerable — there’s no avoiding it.
- Vulnerability isn’t good or bad; it’s just a sign that you are able to feel things.
- Allowing yourself to be vulnerable is a sign of strength, not weakness.
- Vulnerable communication should be reserved for those who have earned your trust.
- The “never enough” mantra of our culture tempers vulnerability and creates shame.
- The opposite of scarcity is adequacy, not abundance.
- Shame takes hold when we confuse what we do with who we are.
- Cultural expectations surrounding femininity and masculinity can trigger shame.
- Vulnerability has the power to rehumanize us.