12 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
By David Allen
- With the twenty-first century has come a better standard of living, but also mind-boggling complexity and stress.
- A clear mind and productive action can be the rule rather than the exception.
- Most of the stress that people deal with is the result of poorly managed obligations that they have knowingly or unknowingly accrued.
- It takes some thought to figure out next steps, but not nearly as much as people would expect.
- You don’t “do” a project—you take small concrete steps that culminate in its completion.
- People would be less stressed if they had a way of collecting all the incomplete tasks in a centralized “bucket.”
- Defining what you have collected is essential to determining whether you will do it or trash it.
- Get your lists straight and review them weekly to keep yourself sane and on track.