Key Insights From:
The Case Against Sugar
By Gary Taubes
Audio Available | 8 Minute Read
- Sugar used to be rare and expensive, and was even traded among royals as a gift.
- As mass production became possible, sugar quickly became a staple of the American diet.
- Despite popular misconceptions, some calories are worse for you than others.
- Sugar has been dishonestly promoted as healthy, and competition has been stifled.
- We’ve been lied to about the dangers of fatty foods so that we’ll fear them more than sugar.
- Excessive sugar consumption can cause insulin resistance, which leads to diabetes.
- The maladies of people who consume too much sugar should serve as a stark warning.