9 Minute Read Audio Available
Key Insights From:
This Is Your Brain on Sports: Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance Anxiety for Good!
- Whether athletes realize it or not, Repetitive Sports Performance Problems is a condition that plagues many of them.
- The fight-flight-freeze response in animals is the key to understanding trauma.
- Trauma in sports can be physical or emotional, a hit or near miss, first- or second-hand.
- Coaches and parents exacerbate performance issues by making performance the ultimate determinant of value.
- Traumatic experiences are those that are crystalized and lodged in the subconscious, which the brain fails to properly integrate into memory.
- Brainspotting is an innovative new way of locating and untangling the athlete’s trauma source through observing eye movement.